Associate Professor and Steven A. Yatauro Faculty Fellow, ECE Department
Associate Director, Florida Institute for National Security (FINS)
I am currently an Associate Professor and the Steven A. Yatauro Faculty Fellow in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at the University of Florida. Previously, I was an Assistant Professor in the Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) Department at the University of Connecticut.
I am also the Associate Director for the Florida Institue for National Security (FINS).
My current research focuses on:
- Traditional and AI-Enabled Computer-Aided Design (CAD) Tools, Metrics, and Rules for Hardware Security
- Microelectronics Supply Chain Security and Assurance: Semiconductor Intellectual Property (IP) Protection. Counterfeit Electronics Detection and Avoidance, Hardware Trojan Detection and Prevention, Reverse Engineering and Anti-reverse Engineering
- Hardware Security Benchmarking: Test Article Generation and Data Augmentation
- Countermeasures Against Physical Attacks
- Hardware Security Primitive Design and Fabrication: Physically Unclonable Functions (PUFs), True Random Number Generators (TRNGs), Chaogates
- Biometrics: Authentication, Indexing, and Privacy
Curriculum Vitae, February 2022
Office: MAE 226D [ Map ]
Email: dforte (at) ece (dot) ufl (dot) edu